Friday, August 27, 2010

NSC Fixed Gear Classic

The NSC Velodrome hosted it's second Fixed Gear Classic national level race week end again this year June 11th, 12th and 13th. There were track racers from all across the country competeing for medals and money.
This time around, there were races for Cat 3's so I decided to try my luck on at least one day of the event.
As luck would have it, I picked the day that got rained out, Saturday. The Cat 3's got 1 race in, a 10 lap scratch. It was an eye opener for me. Still early in the season and my warm up routine not quite the best yet. I finished a disappointing last overall.
What it did do for me is help re focus my efforts and get me back to the realization that all the races in Blaine were really about training for my real goals which were/are;
1) Reset the 60 plus Flying 200 record at Blaine, matching my Colorado time
2) Be faster and more competitive at USA Masters Track Championships in Frisco TX in Aug/Sept.
3) Be faster and more competitive at Worlds Masters Track Champioships in Portugal in Oct.

High lights of the weekend were my team mate, Chris, winning the track stand contest on Friday and better yet, placing high enough in all the other races to be on the podium for the overall.

Congrats to Chris for putting PJW Racing on the podium for a national level event.

No comments: