Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Last days of training before...Worlds

So last Thursday was the last Madison practice of the 2010 season, another great night. Another warmer fall night, not like the cold of last year so it was another good chance to try and improve Madison skills plus stay fresh for Portugal.
We had about 12 or so show up. Some of my favorite track friends Linsey, Andy, Tom O. among others. It was a fun night where we could do what I am starting to consider "real" track racing. That includes Madisons, Keirins and Sprints. I guess I am getting biased, this year, they seem to be my most favorite races.
Saturday, back in the weight room and then to the track. I still can't believe I can have the whole facility to train on all alone, what a great opportunity.
Monday, roller work at home along with some preliminary planning and organizing for Saturday's departure.
Tuesday, easy day, maybe more rollers, Wednesday back to the track for some motor 200's thanks to Bob's generous offer to drive the motor, can't find a smoother driver around.
Thursday, start to pack and finish on Friday. A few small pieces of the bike and travel puzzle coming together as the week comes to an end.
I just talked to my buddy from Australia who raced the worlds with me last year in Sydney. I will miss his fun and excitement this year but will know he will be with me in spirit.
The weather has been amazing at the end of the season this year compared to last year when I had to train on the track the day after a snowfall with snow still on the track.
One more day of good weather is all I ask.

No comments: