Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Far from OZ

It's been quite a while since my last entry, obviously no longer in the land down under but think about it all the time.

I still am in continuos contact with my cycling buddies and friends from Goulburn. Chris aka Bushy is constantly sending me internet stuff that either makes me laugh out loud and grimace in disgust or something in between.

Plans to get together for Ragbrai in 2011 are in the early stages, should be classic. I don't know if Iowa has enough beer for an Aussie invasion.



Track race season is about to start in MN at NSC for 2009. First race is May 21st, Thursday of course, weather permitting.

I'm planning a more successful season starting out as a Cat. 3 this year.

The end of last year ended in a major crash and broken right collar bone so that is definitely NOT in the plans for this year.



Training for 2009 is going well with Chris Ferris as my coach. More weight room work than I've ever done so I feel strong and just have to turn the power into track bike speed. It better do something, getting up at 5 A.M. to go do squats on Monday mornings, go to work all day and then do structured training at the track Monday night makes for a long training day.



Major goals for the year are to stay competitive with the 3's, get to the Master National Track races in Indy in August and set a new NSC over 60 Masters Flying 200 time.

Should be an exciting time.

1 comment:

SickBoy said...

Sounds like an awesome plan, Pat. We'll see each other plenty, but best of luck to you, as always.