Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time to go

I don't know if I am calm or nervous. Maybe a bit of both.
I leave tonight at 5 P.M. I just finished glueing my last tire this morning, kind of last minute I would say but life has been hectic getting ready for this and doing all life's normal stuff.
I am more worried about how the bike will survive the trip and if my luggage is too heavy then anything else right now.
The airlines here are always a big unknown. I'm not so concerned about Quantas, it's Delta/NW that always seems to be a challenge. I know I will get stuck with a big extra baggage fee for the bike box, hopefully not the other bag.
Not much left to do but try to relax and then head to the airport.
I talked to my buddy Chris, or Bushy in Oz yesterday and things seem set there.
I'll be glad to get back on a bike on Saturday and ride some laps in Sydney.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck Pat!!! Keep the updates coming. If you race like you are capable of doing, you'll do great! Make the most of it.